Submit Your Recipe
Please feel free to share your recipes with us (send to recipes [at] healthymuslim.com). However, make sure you follow the guidelines below:
Here is a sample submission:
- Make sure you take good quality picture(s) of the final product and of any steps involved in making the recipe, the images should have good contrast and be in plenty of natural light if possible. Also please ensure that you have named your images appropriately. Do not send images with the default filenames given to them by your mobile or camera device (see sample recipe submission below).
- There is a specific format for ingredient lists. For fractions of items always use the format 1/2, 1/3, 1/4 etc. For weights you may use kilos, grams, pounds and ounces. The quantity comes first, then the ingredient, then what is done to the ingredient. For example, 2 tomatoes, diced, and another example, 1/2 a cucumber, sliced. Your ingredient list must be in this format and each item should be on a separate line.
- Indicate how many people will be served, or what quantity of food will be produced.
- Do not send any pictures of any ingredients, only the final product and any intermediate steps if necessary.
- You should also provide a step by step instructions on how to prepare the recipe.
- You may optionally provide two other pieces of information, a section on "Variations" that may apply to the recipe and another section, "Notes" in which you might include any other related information.
- Give us your name, location (country) and the type of cuisine for the recipe you are submitting (i.e. what country's food it is).
Title: Cream of Vegetable Soup
By: Sarah, Canada
1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
1 medium leek, chopped
4 tbsp butter
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
3 medium baking potatoes, washed and cut up
1 litre vegetable stock
pinch of thyme
1/2 tspn of black or green peppercorns, crushed
2 zucchini (courgette), ends removed and sliced
1 tspn sea salt or himalayan salt
creme fraiche (sour cream)
Procedure: Melt the butter in a large, stainless steel pot and add onions, leeks and carrots. Cover and cook over a low heat for at least half an hour. The vegetables should become soft and not burn. Add potatoes and the stock, bring to a rapid boil. Reduce the heat and add thyme and crushed peppercorns. Cover and cook until potatoes are soft. Add zucchini and cook for another 10 minutes or until they become tender. Then puree the soup with a hand-held blender. If soup is too thick you can thin it with filtered water. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste. Serve with cultured cream (sour cream) and chives if you wish.
Variations: Add variation information here, if there is any.
Notes: If you have any, add further notes about the recipe, nutritional information, other suggestions and tips.
Attachments: "cream-vegetable-soup-1.jpg", "cream-vegetable-soup-2.jpg", "cream-vegetable-soup-3.jpg", "cream-vegetable-soup-4.jpg"
Your submission should be sent by email to recipes [at] healthymuslim.com
Beef and Lamb Dishes